Wednesday, November 29, 2006

speaking of needless remakes...

Tony Scott has been threatening to do this for a while, but now the wheels seem to be turning on his next film, the LA-based remake of The Warriors! Says the Tiger...
"I really hate remakes, but the The Warriors is one of my all time favourite movies, and what I'm doing is kind of reinventing it. And rather than a gang it's going to be 30 guys who take on 3,000. It's Kingdom Of Heaven meets The Warriors."

It will be more like

meets

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know what music is playing in the trailer? That cool synth score. I listened to The Warriors soundtrack and it's none of the songs or themes on there. Since The Warriors was released in Feb. 1979 the music must come from before that. Any ideas?

Jesse said...

The music is off the soundtrack to William Friedkin's Sorcerer (1977) - by Tangerine Dream.

Anonymous said...

sweet! thank you jh!

Anonymous said...

I thought THE WARRIORS was already remade. It's a period piece entitled THE GANGS OF NEW YORK, the overblown comic book film by Scorsese. >>Insert canned laughter here<<

Regardless, I am less excited of this remake than Rob Zombie's ill-advised career-ending HALLOWEEN movie I have heard rumors about. Don't do it Rob! Stick to the script supplied to you by TCM for your underground show on Friday nights.

///thechoop