Monday, June 09, 2008

Kung Fu, Gangsters, etc.

So its official! If you happen to be in Montreal for Fantasia, be sure to check out the exhibit of 50 posters from my collection of Hong Kong movie posters at the Quebec Cinematheque. Choosing 50 from my collection of over 1000 is going to be a difficult task to say the least, but luckily the base theme of the exhibit's title narrows things down. I spent most of Friday taking photos of some of the choice titles in my collection and I have just uploaded a gallery of of 70 images that are the first round of picks. It will only be up for short time, so check it out while it is around!


2 comments:

Michael said...

Fantastic! Where did you get them all? Chinatown cinemas? And what eras do they come from? Do they want a couple of those dirty ones you gave me?

Colin said...

Yup, they pretty much all came from Toronto Chinatown cinemas. Rescued many from the garbage. I'll mount the dirty retrospective in the men's room of the Popcorn and Sticky Floors cinema for our smutty summer season...